Tuesday, December 20, 2011

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas... WHERE?

Okay, you know that when it comes to decorating my home for Christmas I do try to keep it tasteful-- but there is just one room that I allow myself to let loose... The Bathroom. Okay, that was a really bad play on words. Really bad. What I'm really trying to say is that I let loose and decorate the guest bathroom for Christmas with things that are, well, a little more on the silly side. I'm talking about licensed products. You know, those funky fun little plastic decorations reminiscent of the Christmas specials on TV that we grew up loving. Yeah, I love them.
The decorations in the photo above are reminiscent of "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and The Muppets. I've always loved that sad little tree in the Charlie Brown special. That may have been the very first movie ever that I teared up watching. I especially loved how Linus' blanket was placed around the tree as a tree skirt. So sweet.
The little guy below the tree is Beaker, from The Muppets. I really have no idea what is "Christmas" about him, but I couldn't resist how his little mouth moves when he sings "Ode to Joy". When I have company visiting and they are in the bathroom, I can usually hear Beaker singing behind the door. It's hilarious!

This little retro silver tree is covered with ornaments depicting scenes from the movies "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" and "The Christmas Story". All the ornaments have a button you can push for dialog or music from the movies. Although my siblings and I grew up watching "Charlie Brown","The Grinch", and all the claymation films at Christmas, we added these two movies to our family tradition as soon as they came along. It's just not Christmas in our family until Cousin Eddy drives up in his Aarrr...Veee. As always, my brothers will continue to quote the movies throughout the duration of the holiday. Yay.

Okay, so this is not a licensed decoration, but when you have a beachy bathroom, there must be a Santa mermaid... so here she is. This little vignette is just above the toilet and isn't it lovely? The aqua glass ornaments are from Anthropology. Hey- I needed just a wee bit of style in here, right?

What? What did you ask? Ohhhh... that bottle on the right is this. (And yes, it really works!)
Hugs,

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You know me, I love corny! I think this is a great place to "feature" all the fun ornaments!

p.s. Poo-pourri!! Poo-pourri!!