Thursday, April 21, 2011

Little Bucket O' Fun

Hello Friends,

Yes, I'm still here. I've been kind of laying low in Bloglandia... mostly because I've been really, really busy this past little while. Thankfully, it's been a good kind of busy. I've been taking time for some fun and creative endeavors~ one of which has been joining Label Crew. My sweet and talented friends from Down Under (Suzi and Tracey) have inspired me to join up on these fun, monthly sewing projects. You know, you can only be jealous for so long, and then you've got to get in on the fun!


I talked my pal Lisa into joining also (didn't exactly have to twist her arm), and we got together to sew our first project, the Spring Pail. Each month Label Crew sends these fabulous fabric iron-on tags to embellish our project. Aren't they cute?!




I have to admit, my sewing skills have been a bit rusty but I think I'm going to love this monthly project! It's been really good for me to get out of my comfort zone. Getting out of my comfort zone has been one of my creative goals these past few months. (I hope to share more about that on another post.)




I've really felt a creative surge lately, and I'm so eager to stretch my creative wings. My wings have been wanting to stretch so many directions lately though~ has that ever happened to you?! It's almost overwhelming... but in a good way. Sometimes I feel like there is potential for something fun around every corner. I love that.




Is it because it's Spring, or is it just me?




Hugs,


7 comments:

Tracey Holdyk said...

so happy to have you back. Love the pails, aren't they just the cutest. I game away mine yesterday and they were received with shreeks & squeels.
Can't wait to see your other creative ventures and its soooo good to get out of your comfort zone.
Happy Easter from Downunder
love me :-)

Claudia said...

It's a good thing to try something new, to stretch and grow. Good for you, Jill! I love your bucket - and the labels are adorable.

I do think spring has something to do with it - there's a sense of renewal - plus, I always feel more energetic.

xo
Claudia

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

These are so cool!!! Oh, yes, I know what you mean, stepping out of one's comfort zone, being stretched in so many directions! I've had to pause for my cause, fighting to keep my soaps, LOL, but I need balance!

It was great seeing you last Sunday! See you at the Mini Flea (I've decided to go to that!)

Happy Easter!

xxoo

Gilly Tee said...

I've just been looking at Lisas at "cuppa Tea with me" who is doing the small project. I think they are lovely.
Gillx

Kim said...

Jill- your pail is so darn cute!! What a great job you did! I feel really inspired lately too- I have projects in progress all over the place! I keep seeing new things and want to try them too- I find myself trying to rein myself in all the time! I hope you have a wonderful Easter :)

hugs!!!

Lisa said...

Terribly cute, these little pails! And terribly fun too! Can't wait to see what else comes our way! Thanks for "twisting" my arm!
oxo,
Lisa

suzitee said...

You know how THRILLED I am that you and Lisa have joined Label Crew...it tickles me every time I think of us all crafting on the same project :) Your pail is so cute...love how it turned out. I have another one to make yet...better get moving!