Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year, Sweet Friends!


2010... can you believe it?! 2009 was the best year ever, for me. I started "a thing" where I choose a "word for the year", a mantra of sorts. My word for 2009 was "possibility", and it proved to be a very powerful word-- everything fell into place in my life as I believed in the possibility of it. I decided to buy my first home-- something that felt so impossible in the past. Everyday I look around here, and am sincerely thankful for my cozy little nest.

Just before the year ended, I received a job offer from a former colleague. He asked me to write out my "dream job" on paper. He e-mailed me his formal offer... and it met every item on my list. Needless to say, I humbly accepted the offer. I told him that he's my Jerry Maguire, and that I'd read his memo and carry his goldfish. (I know, a bit dramatic-- but hey, it's true!) His therapy company has a positive, fresh energy. They value and respect their employees. I can't even put into words how important that is, and how much that means to me. Oh- and the pay... let's just say... I'm smiling.

2009 was definitely a year of possibility, and for incredible blessings. A year ago, I hadn't even imagined the possibility of starting a blog-- and now look! I have this silly little blog where I can blabber about my interests and hobbies. The biggest blogging bonus? I have made wonderful, kind "blog friends" from all over the world! So many of you are such an inspiration to me, and I can't thank you enough.

Okay, so you may be wondering what my new word for 2010 is... drum roll, please....


THRIVE!

I think that this word can encompass so many parts of my life: job transition, finances, health & well being, gardening, etc. Although the word "possibility" holds a special place in my heart-- and I will continue to embrace it-- I'm very excited about this new word and how I will incorporate it into my life throughout this year.

I know this post has been longer-- and more personal-- than my usual posts. Thank you so much for tuning in and following me on my little blabbering blog journey. May 2010 bring you much happiness, good health, and many blessings!

Hugs,

10 comments:

kathi said...

Happy New Year to you too Jill! I'm so happy that I "met" you in 2009!
I wish you all the best in this new year.
Hugs!
Kathi

Eva said...

I love the word that you choose because you can apply to different things of the daily life.
All the best for you and congratulations for your new job!

Kim said...

what a wonderful post Jill- congrats on your new job and Happy New Year to you! I love that you assign the year a word- what a fabulous idea and a good thing to think of when the struggles and bad days hit. I love it!

Claudia said...

Oh, Jill, how wonderful! Your new job sounds just perfect and I know how much you are enjoying your home. Blessings to you in 2010 - and thrive!

xoxo
Claudia

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty said...

Happy New Year Jill!
Mercedes

Kim G. said...

THRIVE! I Love it! What great news Jill! Happy New Year!

sophia said...

Oh Jill, I enjoyed reading your blessings in 2009 so much. It was refreshing and heart-warming to see your reflections for the past year, and your excitement for the new one.

Happy 2010!

Karen said...

Happy 2010 Jill. Your New Years blog was quite inspiring. Thanks for stopping by my blog and yes I am the Karen who posted at CLH. I hope you thrive and flourish.

Lynne said...

A very happy 2010 to you Jill!
hugs,
Lynne

Merci-Notes said...

Congratulations on your your wonderful year Jill!!!
Congratulations On dreams/possibilities and thriving!!!*

*New home & new job
Out look is vip!

Hugs,
mary

Oh, i am off to see your little stitched home!