Monday, September 7, 2009

Saucy Sprinkles, I am not...



... but I wish I had even an ounce of her talent and style! For those of you who aren't familiar with her blog, she is a wonderfully fun writer and fabulous cupcake diva-- check her out. (Check out her flickr site to see her beautiful laundry room, complete with chandelier!) For you miniaturists out there, she has a darling dollhouse too-- and get this, the electricity goes on when you turn the little fire hydrant by the doghouse!

Anyway, you're probably wondering what this giant melting cupcake is all about and who it's for! The other day when I was slaving away painting my bathroom, my sweet neighbor Krista came over with dinner. Talk about awesome... the girl can cook! But you know what really warmed my heart? No one has ever brought me a homemade dinner- ever. I always thought those delivered-to-the-door-steaming-under-tinfoil-dinners were reserved for mommies with new babies or ailing grandmas. I was so touched that she would think to do something so sweet for me. I guess in a way, this new little home of mine is "my new baby" after all.

The other day I realized that it was time to return the tray and dish to Krista, so I decided that I should be a gracious, good neighbor and bake her a cake to return with them. It happen to be about a hundred degrees out but I thought, "Oh, I have air conditioning!" and baked that cake anyway. It gave me an opportunity to try out my new giant cupcake pan, and I really felt the need to do something creative. (I had put off creative endeavors since the move.) Everything went well, but I noticed as I was taking pictures that it was melting. I stuck the little flag (it says, "A little yummy for your tummy") and ran that cake over as fast as I could!

Luckily, it didn't collapse until after it had been sliced into! (Whew!)


4 comments:

Caseymini said...

Love the melting giant cup cake!!! Too cool! No pun intended.

The French Bear said...

Jill your cupcakes look wonderful, never mind about Saucy's, she's had lots of practice!!!! Your neighbor sounds lovely!!!!
I love to see all your creations, they are so sweet, I love miniature, but silly me I gave my doll house away, now I will have to start over!!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

kimsminiatures said...

This is very yummy looking Jill. What a nice way to thank her. You are so sweet. Great job! Still lovin your bathroom color. Hugs~ Kim

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

What a thoughtful gesture from Krista. Seems weird seeing another fellow blogger right around the corner.

Your cupcake looks great!

Hugs,
Marsha